Seeking a Sr. Solutions Engineer who is a cross between a Software Engineer & Technical Sales person with a strong engineering/technical background for a software company in Anaheim, CA.
Responsibilities: Will define and provide technical solution and content for proposal and pre-sales activities along with providing support and technical documentation upon contract award. The main goal is to design a solution that meets customers' requirements, match with our policies and targets.
- Lead technical sales calls and customer visits including demos and white boarding around relevant differentiators for customers, partners, and prospects
- Develop and document technical biometric solutions/concepts in support of proposal development effort, in response to the specific requirements outlined in federal solicitations.
- Provide technical and biometric solution subject matter expertise and guidance in support of the state and federal business development teams.
- Effectively identify, scope and design around technical constraints in each client's environment
- Act as a “champion” for internal solution development and prototyping efforts.
- Secure, configure, and demonstrate products for customers, partners, prospects, and at conferences.
- Represent the company and its priorities effectively both internally and externally (to include business meetings, client meetings, conferences, etc.)
- Work closely with parent and sister organizations to align solutions across the global organization.
- Partner with Product Management for innovation, strategy and roadmap alignment around field observations
- Assist with business analysis, opportunity investigation and competitive threat analysis
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer science or related technical discipline.
- Five years of experience in technology engineering; analyzing & defining technical solutions for large-scale RFP's including business processes, technical requirement, architecture, design and network/interface
- Prior practical experience with integrating solutions and enterprise technologies including applications development platforms
- Must demonstrate knowledge of all phases of the product/system development life cycle
- Ability & prior experience translating customer/contractual requirements into engineering specifications
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively:
- Illustrate functional/technical concepts through visual diagrams and high level and technical architecture diagrams.
- Document functional/technical concepts in narrative format
- Document step-by-step approaches required to achieve functional/technical concepts
- Present functional/technical concepts to senior executives.
- Must have hands-on and expert knowledge in a wide range of technologies and technical disciplines including: cloud computing, virtualization, open source technologies, software engineering and Agile methodologies.
- Must have prior experience with one or more agile, project management and collaboration tools such as or equivalent of ScrumDo, JIRA/Confluence, MS Project, Wiki.
- Must be passionate about technology and demonstrate an ability to independently learn and stay up to date with recent technology trends and practices.
- US Citizen/green card holder required.
Desired Requirements/Nice to Have:
- In depth understanding and knowledge of biometric technologies is a big plus, along with federal/state agency experience or interaction with FBI or others.
- 10+ years' experience in Systems Engineering, Solutions Architect, and/or pre-sales consultancy
- Relevant experience including Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Storage Area Networks (SAN), High Availability/Disaster recovery solutions, system security and, network design
- Experience with IBM, HP and Dell hardware providers
- Proficiency with MS Office Products
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication/presentation skills with a keen eye for detail
- Prior experience in biometric technologies