Seeking a Project Engineering Lead with 5+ years avionics background, excellent communication skills to work with our customers & have a BS/MS in EE, CE or Aerospace. We are a small (300+) & fast-growing DoD contractor in Torrance, CA. U.S. Citizenship a must.
Responsibilities: The position emphasizes technical/engineering leadership including hands-on contribution to day-to-day activities. The selected candidate will have immediate opportunity to lead company-wide efforts in capturing (bids & proposals) and in execution of avionics and other strategic programs relating to the boxes in helicopters, etc. He/she will work with engineering teams in developing concepts, lead product development/manufacturing transition, and support manufacturing/product sustainment. Responsibilities include requirements analysis/compliance, technical program leadership, and program scheduling/costing, and tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering. MS preferred.
- 5-10 years record of achievement in a related engineering position with increasing responsibility.
- Proven track record of developing electronics hardware products and associated environmental testing and compliances.
- Capability to solve technical problems & offer sound technical judgement.
- Familiar with AS9100/9110 and CMMI Level 3 quality management processes.
- Knowledge of MS Project, and other program management tools is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, good problem solving ability & able to work with a diverse work force.
- U.S. Citizenship required.