Seeking an Optical Engineer with an MS/PhD and a minimum of 3 years of experience in Optics, Holography, Applied Physics, Electrical or Mechnical Engineering, Image Processing or related for our Electro-Optics Division. Experienced in optical and opto-mechanical design (Zemax) and EO/IR sensor development skills. The successful candidate should be eager to work in a very dynamic, fast-paced research and development setting working on the design, development, integration, and test of optical or optoelectronic systems. *US citizenship or green card holder is required.
- MS/PhD in Optics, Holography, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Image Processing, and other related engineering field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in hands-on and practical optical and optomechanical design (Zemax) and EO/IR sensor development skills
- Experienced with design CADs (e.g., SOLIDWORKS, CREO/ProE) and/or simulations tools (e.g., MATLAB, COMSOL)
- Experienced in system tradeoffs (e.g., resolution, field-of-view, size, weight, power, cost, manufacturability) and EO/IR component selections
- Familiarity with optoelectronic components, opto-mechanical packaging, and/or imaging processing (algorithm, software, or hardware) in military environments is a plus
- Ability to develop new concept, carry out design and development, realize prototypes toward viable products, perform test and evaluation, provide documentation (e.g., reports, technical proposals)
- Ability to multitask and work as individual contributor and team member. Good verbal and written communication skills are required
- U.S. Citizenship or green card holder is required.
- Experience in remote sensing including LIDAR and/or imaging optics (visible and infrared) design is highly desired