Seeking a Sr. Digital Design Engineer with a Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering, 8+ years of experience in digital system design and working knowledge of Verilog RTL to help anchor a team developing high-performance mixed-signal audio processing IC's for the professional and consumer audio markets.
Responsibilities: The Sr. Digital Design Engineer will be part of a team developing a high performance mixed-signal audio processing IC’s for audio markets. Will create and engineer digital design subsystems from concept through to tape-out.
- Model control loop feedback and signal processing algorithms using tools such as Matlab and Simulink.
- Convert subsystems into real-world final designs for integration into final product.
- Support tape-out and post-silicon activities including validation, characterization, and production test.
- Design and development of a variety of digital and DSP IP blocks that form the core of our high performance mixed-signal audio processing IC's.
- Possible mentoring of junior engineers and help lead small teams.
- PhD or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in digital system design and a working knowledge of Verilog RTL language
- Working knowledge of digital design flow from architecture, RTL design, verification, and synthesis
- Understanding of control theory and discrete time, z-domain, signal processing techniques
- Familiarity with FIR and IIR filter design
- Working knowledge of high level modeling tools like Simulink, Matlab, or similar
- Experience with mixed-signal design, simulation, and verification
- Basic understanding of CMOS transistors
- Strong lab and silicon validation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- U.S. Citizen/green card holder required
- Experience designing and verifying complex state-machines
- Experience with back-end flow including synthesis, place and route, and timing analysis
- Experience generating functional test vectors for PTE
- Audio experience