Seeking a Sr. Manager, Program Management with 6+ years of experience as a Program Manager leading cross functional teams in software product development.
Responsibilities: The Sr. Program Management has overall accountability for the market success of a solution comprised of multiple programs and functional leaders. This position leads the design of the product, planning of the development effort, and drives the team’s efforts in execution of all phases through commercial launch.
- Partner with the business to prepare and present project business case/strategy, execution recommendations, and periodic program updates to the business Leadership Team (LT).
- Ensures alignment of product value proposition, program scope, and strategic business objectives.
- Drive alignment with project decision-makers, based on business and technical merits.
- Lead Core Teams consisting of leaders from various functions in the execution of project deliverables (e.g., Engineering, Marketing, Regulatory, etc.).
- Leads the team to prepare for Phase Gate and other Go/No-Go decisions by executive leadership, ensuring that decisions are informed by a balanced and clearly articulated representation of the relevant data.
- Leads program planning process ensuring requirements are clear and driven by customer need and experience.
- Lead, direct, coach, and mentor Core Team members to maximize project success.
- Provide meaningful and significant feedback to functional managers and leaders regarding the performance of Core Team members for annual performance evaluations.
- Coordinate with functional leaders to resource projects appropriately and execute to expected results.
- Ensure effective communications with the Core Teams using a variety of tools and channels.
- Lead product development utilizing appropriate processes and techniques, such as our Global Product Development System and Agile Development.
- Leads key technical design and commercial excellence reviews, constructively challenging the team and the organization to rethink assumptions and approach headwinds in new ways
- Develop and ensure compliance with project budget, including capital & operating expenses and headcount.
- Actively promote continuous learning to improve skills of self and the group.
- Ensure business and technical lessons are reviewed, learned, and disseminated.
- Accountable for overall commercial success of products/solutions.
- US Citizen/green card holder.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- 6+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams on complex programs in external customer-facing product development.
- Measurable track record of successful program delivery (schedule, budget, resources, quality).
- Ability to strategically identify, track, and address program dependencies across business units.
- Practical resolution of critical program risks and issues which could impact or have impacted program delivery and quality.
- Consultative experience working with key decision-makers and stakeholders in Software Engineering, Marketing, R&D/Engineering, Customer Support, Quality, Regulatory, Risk Management, and others.
- Experience supervising teams and assessing, delegating, directing work through extended sub-teams or work streams.
- Capacity to mentor team members and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Passion for disciplined program management, formal program documentation, and transparency.
- Healthcare or medical device/technology industry experience preferred.
- Background & experience in Agile software development for enterprise class platforms, including Hosted / Cloud based applications.
- Product management or Marketing role experience, MBA preferred.
- Development and management of project delivery metrics, with plans implemented to improve results and processes.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams in an Agile environment
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Skills for Success:
- Ability to set direction, align goals, lead, and influence others in a matrix organization
- Ability to build strong partnerships and alliances with key stakeholders at different levels
- Strong probing and listening skills to facilitate collaboration with key stakeholders
- Strategic thinking
- Focused “results” orientation
- Analytical skills to investigate, assess, and triage
- Highly organized with consistent follow through
- Demonstrates self-awareness by soliciting and addressing constructive feedback
- Change management and process improvement
- Leadership development, coaching, and mentoring
- Demonstrates domain expertise in the use of the product by acting as a surrogate customer