We are seeking a seasoned Sr. Data Scientist who is a data mining/predictive analytics expert to help drive innovation using health information technology and build new products using algorithmic techniques to support our company’s mission.
You will be working for a global medical technology company in their software development group, and be responsible for delivering solutions focused on health information technology (HIT) integration, analytics and surveillance capabilities to help drive standardization and accountability enterprise-wide for hospitals and IDNs. Capabilities like advanced analytics, product insights, data science, test automation, project/portfolio management, lean-agile software development practices, and automated software development metrics are critical to our success. Our team provides data products and solutions to our customers using in-depth detailed medical device and hospital data to improve the safety and experiences for all patients.
- Leads product development projects
- Independently applies scientific knowledge and skills within respective discipline to product development projects
- Adopt new tools and algorithms effectively to improve model performance.
- Work independently on complex statistical score modeling and analysis problems with very large and complex data structures.
- Design data experiments to verify assumptions and hypothesis.
- Experiment with new algorithms and analytical approaches and report on the impact to model performance.
- Create tools and processes to download data, parse it for relevant content, and store it in existing data management systems.
- Develops and implements detailed experimental plans to drive product development
- Provides guidance to other Product Development Scientists and may supervise direct reports
- Capturing, documenting, analyzing and balancing project related information from multiple sources
- Facilitate resolution of project related issues
- Build product development plans and ensure that contingency plans are in place
- Goingbeyond established analytical thinking and problem-solving by applying creativity to unconventional concepts and out-of-the-box solutions
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of respective scientific discipline & product development process
- Understands intellectual property, competitive landscape and regulatory requirements for the related products
- Masters or PhD level or with equivalent experience
- Ability to quickly understand patterns within large quantity of data and to reference key characteristics using visualization techniques
- Demonstrating strong programming skills in large-scale data analysis SQL and R (Required). Some Python.
- Hadoop and MSSQL server deployment experience required
- Leveraging strong math skills and statistical knowledge to advanced data mining and data analysis activities
- Analysis, design, development, test, troubleshooting and documentation of complex data systems that may involve one or more of the following: predictive models, feature extraction, data-driven analysis, application of machine learning algorithms, text mining, decision support, variable selection and model fit.
- Able to create written documentation and reports of results in the form of business reports, internal technology white papers, and statistical system documentation.
- Familiarity with the CRISP-DM data mining process.
- Ability to devise new algorithmic approaches to solving difficult quantitative problems using large scale enterprise data sources.