The Software Engineer will design and develop computer application software within the context of the development and customization of generic products and/or specific customer projects. We have customizable software and need a Software Engineer to tailor it to customer requirements per project.
- Designs, documents, codes, test and debugs software modules for frontend Java and J2EE applications
- Maintains existing products developed on the above platforms
- Provides software support to QA testing and installed systems.
- Maintains software skills to match direction of products
- Meets software delivery dates as directed
- Raises risks/issues as soon as they are discovered
- Performs software reviews
- Provides software estimates as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Three years' prior experience in software design and development
- Experience with application development platforms for building enterprise application and business critical business process that involves workflow automation and process orchestration
- Working experience with Unix/Linux and Windows environments
- Demonstrable results of development with the above technologies
- Working experience with relational database management systems, preferably Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Good organizational skills; must be able to multi-task and/or prioritize work, even when faced with conflicting demands and variety of problems
- Good writing skills including documentation skills
- Able to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively with technical teams, management, and customers
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships
- Self-motivated individual, able to operate independently within established department/company practices
Desired/Nice to Have:
- Experience with mobile platforms like iOS and Android.
- Experience with Polymer and/or Angular
- Experience with HTML5 Canvas
- Working knowledge of OSGI and Eclipse RCP
- Experience developing distributed applications communicating via web services and/or message queues
- Practical experience w/established software development methodologies and source code management tools.
- Experience in fingerprint or other biometric systems/technologies.
- Comfortable in an international environment