Seeking an electrical engineer for a fantastic technology company in Irvine, CA.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Collaboration with software, mechanical and system engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems.
- Hardware requirements generation, verification and validation.
- Low-level schematic design. Common projects involve implementing digital systems; distributed power regulation & control circuits; and system interface hardware using commercially available ASICs and processors.
- Maintenance and mission-tailoring of existing schematic designs.
- Methodical schematic and PCB layout peer review.
- Development of custom test interface hardware.
- Development of assembly procedures, test plans, and fabrication documentation.
- Cooperative debug, test and requirement verification activities.
- Contribution towards continuous technology and process improvement
- BS or MS in CPE, EE or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of embedded hardware development experience.
- Competency with standard test equipment: oscilloscope, power supply, multi-meter, logic analyzer.
- Ability to modify and rework circuit boards with surface mount technology.
- Methodical system debug skills.
- Ability to document complex mixed signal design architectures
- Competency with electronics CAD software (Cadence Schematic Capture or Altium preferred).
- Knowledgeable of common data bus peripherals (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, Ethernet).
- Knowledge of PCB layout best practices.
- Meticulous design documentation, and attention to detail.
- Proficient communication skills and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism.
- PCB layout using Altium or Cadence/Allegro tools is preferred.
- Experience with FPGA hardware and HDL languages is desirable. *
- RF system design and test experience is desirable. *
- Candidates shall be a U.S. person who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).