Seeking a VP of Engineering and Product Development for a full-time opportunity with a fantastic technology company in South Orange County.
The VP will lead engineering innovation, assessment and incorporation of new technologies, quality standards and processes, as well as existing product support. The main objective is to deliver intuitive and creative product designs through innovation, harnessing available technology to create high performing and reliable products achieving cost targets for product and development costs. Must have passion for the industry and products, must learn and relate to the customer needs, work effectively across multiple time zones and cultures and be a strong communicator.
- Manage the new product innovation process and development while working closely with Senior Leadership team.
- Manage a team of engineers and technicians (mechanical and electrical) as well as contract engineering teams as required to develop new products globally.
- Provide overall engineering HR management including recruitment, hiring, development, coaching and mentoring of engineering team.
- Drive results through strong leadership and best practices in engineering to ensure a fast cadence while maintaining high quality.
- Lead the development and implementation of engineering process in the organization to include documentation, testing, and design reviews.
- Develop detailed engineering product specifications working with Sales, Marketing and Senior Management.
- Integrate engineering with other functional areas, including Senior Management, Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Finance, Operations and Quality.
- Work closely with the Chief Designer and China Operations Director to ensure consistent and appropriate quality standards and testing throughout the organization.
- BSEE or BSME required (BSME Preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years consumer electronics and product development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a team of engineers
- Must have experience working with plastics, metal - mechanical
- Experience in electrical engineering with analog & digital
- Experience working with manufacturing both in the US and overseas
- Must be an effective communicator, capable of working at all levels in the organization; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hands-on management role