Are you a Sr. Project Manager with customer facing experience managing large spend software projects? Are you comfortable collaborating and interacting with different groups of people? Are you a local candidate who can pass a state and federal background check? If so, let's talk!
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for managing customer facing assigned projects as a consistent part of a Program, according to the cost, time and quality commitments.
• Manages, coordinates and facilitates all aspects of short and long-term projects (planning, scheduling, cost, time and quality commitments, risk management, resources, etc.)
• Leads and manages the activities of the technical project team directly involved on design reviews and on technical issues with the project team; coordinates both internal and external teams, ensuring the consistency of technical tasks
• Participates in the establishment, organization and implementation of short and long range goals, objectives and policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness and effects changes required for improvement
• Effectively translates customer's requirements into functional plans in coordination with systems engineering
• Primary customer contact and liaison during the project: ensures the technical relationship with the customer, as part of the development plan
• Communicates regularly with executive management and Program Managers regarding current status of project initiatives; obtains executive guidance and approval as required to advance initiatives
• Monitors and reports on scope creep/issues from the original plan
• Oversees all facets of on-site system installation, deployment and customer coordination• Completes post-mortem project assessments
• Establishes project quotes
• Must have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
• Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in a technical role such as software development, systems analysis, database administration, etc.
• Must have previous customer facing PM experience managing large software project budgets.
• Must be able to develop project budgets and projections - requirements gathering, planning, etc.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills; must be confident and at ease dealing with a variety of personalities, both internally and externally; must be a facilitator, and have conflict resolution skills.
• Must have experience supporting systems integration technology projects in information systems (database management systems, network, and software development)
• Must have effective team management skills
• Must have advanced computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, etc.)
• Must be able to obtain both State and Federal clearance