Seeking an EEE Parts & Reliability Engineer, who will be responsible for assuring products and EEE components meet required reliability and maintainability requirements. This position has greater responsibility than only for EEE parts selection. Engineer will work with Engineering, Operations, and Purchasing to identify suitable EEE parts based upon customer and/or industry performance, reliability, and quality requirements. Responsibilities include requirements analyses/compliance, failure analysis, MTBF calculations, and generation of component-related documentation.
The candidate will have the capability to offer sound technical judgement and have a proven track record of participating in the design and successful development of electronics hardware products and associated environmental testing and compliances. The engineer is expected to have experience working within AS9100/9110 and CMMI Level 3 quality management processes. He/she must have effective communication and problem solving skills, be self-motivated, and be able to work with a diverse work force.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics. Master’s Degree is preferred.
7-10 years’ experience in a similar position in a manufacturing company (preferably within the aerospace industry).
- Working knowledge of EEE parts in terms of construction, materials, applications, limitations
- Must have experience working within AS9100/9110 and CMMI Level 3 quality management processes
- Experience utilizing MIL-HDBK-217 DoD Handbook for Reliability Prediction of Electronic Equipment, and MIL-HDBK-472 DoD Handbook for Maintainability Predictions.
- Must have a proven track record of participating in the design and successful development of electronics hardware products and associated environmental testing and compliances.
- Knowledge of Item Tool Kit R&M Software for MTBF predictions a plus.
- Experience with utilizing Q-STAR Obsolescence and Counterfeit Software or equivalent.
- US Citizenship required and the ability to obtain a security clearance