Are you a high level, strategic thinking Software Engineer Leader with 5-10 years experience in embedded systems? Are you an expert coder with embedded Linux application using C language? Can you fix complex firmware & hardware issues from a system level viewpoint? Are you a U.S. citizen and able to obtain security clearance? If so, read on and let’s talk.
Responsibilities: This is a high level position reporting to our VP, Chief Engineer, and will work in our Strategic Technologies Division. The engineer will have an education/background in embedded systems technology to develop, create, and modify avionics related applications software and/or driver development. The Software Engineering Group Leader will collaborate with colleagues, consultants, and contractors, contribute to strategic proposals and be an expert coder.
Development of RTOS code.
Work with hardware designers to influence overall system design.
Implement, verify firmware/software on embedded system; debug firmware/software systems issues.
Optimize RTOS to meet performance levels.
Document software technical specifications in compliance with regulations such as DO-178B.
Collaborate with Program Managers to best utilize team skills and availability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, CE or related field with 10 years embedded systems experience, or Master’s Degree with 5 years of embedded systems experience is preferred.
- 5-10 years of embedded systems experience (depending on degree level).
- 5+ years of experience in software development for military applications or aerospace preferred.
- Must be an expert coder – embedded Linux application using C language.
- Must be able to analyze and fix complex firmware and hardware issues from a system-level viewpoint.
- Excellent communication skills, team player, strong self-motivator
- U.S. Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain Security Clearance or have an active Secret Security Clearance.