Looking for a Senior Associate, Risk & Compliance Advisory who will partner on project teams to assist with SOX compliance and internal audit projects for companies that range from newly public high growth entities in rapidly changing environments, to the largest entertainment and public companies in Los Angeles.
Complete the assigned internal control processes on 3-4 project teams, within the given budget with minimal supervision by:
- Creating process narratives, identifying key controls, and concluding on design and operating effectiveness of key controls.
- Demonstrating clear and concise writing, and verbal skills to communicate complex issues in simple terms to clients and team members.
- Producing quality deliverables evidenced through minimal review time and review notes.
- Actively improving technical and project management skills through on the job feedback, performance evaluations, mentoring and firm-sponsored formal training programs including monthly CPE and Subject Matter Expert (SME) training.
- Responding to client needs and balancing the competing priorities with minimal client disruptions, while maintaining project progress.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related.
2 ½ years minimum of accounting experience, preferably from a Big 4 or large national accounting/consulting firm.
Hands-on knowledge of SOX, COSO, and PCAOB requirements is critical.
A strong accounting foundation with hands on knowledge of internal controls is critical.
Excellent communication, leadership skills, team player and someone adaptable to change.
Need a CPA or CIA license or who has a goal to obtain one in the near future. (We help you achieve this with time off for testing, paying for study materials, and paying for the exams).
We promote from within. Next step after Sr. Associate is a Project Manager role. As a PM you will be responsible for:
- Building internal teams through participation in our mentoring program and interviewing.
- Managing one to several individual project teams, project scheduling, reviewing of work papers, and being the primary point of contact between the team and the client.