Seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer who will play an instrumental role in the growth and success of our expanding production of avionics displays. The successful candidate will define and improve manufacturing processes to transition engineering prototypes to full rate production. He/ She will have a successful track record interfacing with design engineers and production teams to ensure hardware producibility, developing build strategies, planning and requesting manpower/equipment/process resources, and generating assembly documentation. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience working in a fast-paced electronics manufacturing environment, delivering products on time and on budget.
- Develop, implement, and maintain manufacturing methods, processes, and operations for new and existing products to assure the highest level of quality and to meet profitability objectives.
- Define production flow, equipment setup, and processes and oversee continuous process improvement to reduce cost and enhance quality.
- Lead and perform production assembly, testing, and inspection per drawings and specifications, as needed.
- Apply current state of the art manufacturing techniques to production methodology such as “Just In Time” and “Lean Manufacturing”.
- Interfaces with the Engineering staff to ensure Design for Manufacturability and Testability objectives are attained through concurrent engineering activities.
- Prepare and revise manufacturing work instructions and functional test procedures to prepare suitable documentation for assembly technicians.
- Assist QA with the dispositioning of non-conforming hardware/ material(s) and support corrective action activities as required.
- Provide support to various suppliers as needed in conjunction with QA.
- Play a key role in the transitioning of engineering prototypes to full scale Production.
- Associates Degree in Applied Science or Engineering or related field with 12+ years of experience
- B.S. Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a related field with 10+ years of experience is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the manufacturing of electronics for high reliability military and government systems.
- Knowledge of MIL/ IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic assemblies (IPC-610, MIL-STD 883, MIL-STD 810, MIL-HDBK-217, etc)
- Knowledge of display technologies (LCD, LEDs, NVIS-compliance) and techniques (bonding, sealing, spectral and luminance measurements) a plus
- Solid understanding of design data and manufacturing/assembly sequencing as well as tooling concepts and strategies; able to generate work and process instructions for assemblers and technicians.
- Understanding of First Article Inspection (FAI) reports and Nonconformance Reports (NCRs).
- Strong verbal/written communication skills including the ability to deliver effective presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Strong multi-tasking skills to apply in a fast paced, dynamic and flexible small business environment.
- U.S. citizen/green card holder required.