The User Experience Design Lead will be the principal designer of our new Digital Health division while also owning the user experience process, standards and outcomes for all of Digital Health's collaborative projects. This role will lead a small team of UX/UI designers, implementers and researchers.
- Lead participatory design/user testing activities, as well as behavioral in-context and ethnographic research events across accounts
- Build visually compelling frameworks that simply convey complex conceptual relationships
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience (based on user research); organize opportunities into visually compelling matrices or maps
- Lead participatory requirements gathering activities, including the analysis and synthesis of requirements definition; present feature lists and requirements documents to senior clients
- Lead stakeholder interviews; present findings to large client groups in workshop settings; facilitate conversations to ensure stakeholder alignment.
- Define best practices and standards related to persona development/behavioral segmentation; coach teams to align personas/segmentation with project objectives.
- Drive and own the development of user scenarios and ensure that they are derived appropriately from behavioral segments/user profiles; ensure that scenarios respond to key user needs and illustrate key business opportunities
- Drive the development of frameworks that describe key aspects of a proposed experience, and how it reconciles business and user needs; execute top-level deliverables based on user-centered design techniques
- Frame insights around people and behavior through verbal and visual storytelling.
- Develop cohesive and compelling strategic visions for our projects, and then structure them into phased road maps to achieve iterative success over time.
- Drive and provide thought leadership in the development of all Digital Health sites/properties/apps for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding
- Lead the creation of visually compelling representations of the solution's high-level interaction, navigation, and organization design (i.e., concept models
- Bachelor's degree in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human-Computer Interaction; Design Planning; Graphic Design; Communications
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience designing for patient facing mobile applications (not EHR or clinical facing apps)
- Solid verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to all levels of clients and co-workers
- Well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques
- Full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of user-centered design and research to business problems
- Must possess a deep understanding in related creative tracks: design, interactive development, copy-writing and content strategy
- Proficient to expert in: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Microsoft Office
- Must have been in a client-facing role and have project experience in working with teams on large scale, long-term projects
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Architecture work/flows
- Visual design specs and cut graphics
- Responsive Web Design
- Mobile Design
- Ability to work well independently and with stakeholders