Seeking an IT Support Specialist for a fast-growing DoD company. 1+ year customer service and IT support experience required.
- Support end-users with technical support in the areas of hardware and software setup/installation.
- Assist in various areas of network support by working with vendors to schedule installation of hardware and software.
- Setup computer systems with POC approved software.
- Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, network equipment such as servers, modems, multiplexers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors.
- Connect personal computers and terminals to existing data networks.
- Maintains network diagrams and circuit records.
- Maintains trouble logs.
- Instructs users in the use of personal computers and networks.
- Performs basic PC, PBX, and network software programming.
- Associate’s Degree in a computer related field with 1+ years of computer related support experience.
- A+ Certification is preferred.
- 1-3 years experience supporting corporate level network systems is preferred.
- Must have basic understanding of trouble-shooting steps for computer repair.
- Proficiency in researching desktops, laptops, software, and components for users.
- Must have a solid understanding of the following: Windows Active Directory, Server Operating Systems, Windows 7 or above as well as Windows XP, and MS Exchange.
- Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment and adapt to new situations.
- Good communication skills - must be able to articulate the problem or solution to the end-user.
- Be a self-starter and take instructions in order to prioritize accordingly.
- Operation of a computer and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Ability to work under pressure with a sense urgency. Strong follow-up skills.
- Interdisciplinary outlook, team and goal oriented approach.
- US Citizenship required.