Are you a FPGA Engineer with 5+ years of experience developing firmware for FPGAs/SoCs? Do you have experience coding in VHDL, C, C++, and other object oriented languages? If so, read on and let's talk.
Responsibilities: The engineer will architect and code firmware for military radio frequency systems, sensor systems, avionics, control systems, and/or other innovative technological solutions.
- Coding of software applications/firmware to be embedded in electronic hardware and execution of firmware-hardware and software-firmware integration.
- Development and documentation of detailed firmware specifications based on features, capabilities, and requirements of the user/customer.
- Execution of firmware development including planning, designing, implementation, and testing/benchmarking on on-going programs.
- Analysis and resolution of complex system-level software-firmware-hardware integration issues.
- Implementation and documentation of firmware testing and debugging process.
- Validation of firmware to meet documented performance/operational specifications and code optimization for computational efficiency.
- Providing technical write-ups related to software development on bids and proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, EE or related. Masters Degree is a plus.
- 5+ years in developing firmware for FPGAs/SoCs.
- Experience coding in VHDL, C, C++, and other object oriented languages.
- Experience with high-throughput firmware coding is a plus.
- Knowledge of RF systems (e.g. wireless communications, radar, navigation, EW) is a plus.
- Experience with HDL software tools such as Vivado, ISE, Quartus or Libero.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written.
- Efficiently multi-task and commit to working under deadlines.
- Experience in technical writing to produce software documentation.
- US citizenship required.