We are seeking an Engineering Manager for our Photonic Systems Division which specializes in the development and production of advanced sensor solutions for ground applications. The Engineering Mgr. will manage a growing 12-person product development team consisting of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers, whose primary responsibility is to facilitate the transition of experimental systems to production-ready hardware. The successful candidate will perform both strategic-level technical development, and manage the division’s engineering team, providing continued organizational and technical leadership, while working closely with PhD-level scientists and in-house production personnel in the continued expansion of our burgeoning product portfolio. The candidate will have a demonstrated track-record of end-to-end product development and be the type who thrives by getting their hands dirty side-by-side with their team.
As a part of the product development cycle, the candidate will help provide innovative solutions toward new funding opportunities as well as oversee strategic programs wholly within the engineering group with support from other Division and Corporate resources. Strong customer interface and presentation skills are essential to support regular communication with government customers as well as various internal support organizations.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering is required. Master’s is preferred.
- 8+ years of end-to-end product development with electro-mechanical systems.
- 3+ years in an engineering leadership role (small team okay).
- Strong knowledge in design for manufacturability.
- Strong knowledge of production processes and procedures.
- Program management experience including leadership and/or participation in program reviews such as PDR, CDR, FCA, PCA, as well as system-level testing against environmental, EMC, and performance requirements.
- Financial management experience or willingness to learn revenue/budget and P&L forecasting and execution.
- Experience with military development and production programs, including contractual understanding of CLINs, CDRLs, DIDs, etc., is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience in developing small handheld electronics preferred.