Are you a Mechanical Engineer who has created new automated equipment designs from scratch? Can you design mechanical systems that will be used as automation tools in a high production environment? If so, let's talk!
- Focus on designing machines from concept to production.
- Develop machines and specify components for automation systems requiring multi-component integration and assembly.
- Design and integrate mechanical systems to meet specifications for performance, cost and reliability on SolidWorks software.
- Work within a multi-discipline engineering team to understand customer requirements and develop system concepts, costing, and written proposals.
- Perform both engineering analysis and hands-on evaluation to prove designs meet product objectives.
- Prepare, check and review design documentation for accuracy. Verify the documented design meets performance objectives
- Liason with project stakeholders, customers, in-house technical and engineering staff.
- Liason with vendors for technical information and specifications
- Assist in the assembly, modification, and debugging of the physical machines as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering, designing custom automation systems in a manufacturing environment.
- BS in Engineering required, Mechanical Engineering preferred. An AS degree may be accepted with relevant experience in designing of automation systems in a mfg. environment.
- Experience working with large SolidWorks assemblies. Bonus someone with experience working with, setting up and administering SolidWorks EPDM.
- Experience designing custom tooling from sketches or verbal concepts.
- Working knowledge of common machine shop, welding, and fabrication techniques.
- Competent draftsperson with strong understanding of GD&T.
- Proficient in generating detail drawings, assembly drawings, and bill of materials.
- Basic knowledge of the use of pneumatics and hydraulics (air cylinders & slides, grippers, etc).
- Familiarity with conveyors, parts placers, packaging, various material handling systems.
- Basic knowledge of the use of electrical devices (solenoid valves, sensors, switches, LVDT's, motors, etc).
- Understanding of proper application of tooling materials, surface treatments, finishes, hardness, etc.
- Proficient in researching off-the-shelf mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical devices for use in automation tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills