Seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support the production of avionics-grade military equipment in the company’s AS-9100 production line. Assess, develop, and improve manufacturing processes as well as prototype or initial design to optimize for cost-effective large volume production.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop, implement, and maintain stellar manufacturing methods, processes, and operations for new and existing products to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction and to meet the profitability objectives of the company.
- Prepare manufacturing work instructions, coordinate with configuration management, implement design changes in production, and developing and implementing manufacturing and tooling strategies in conjunction with other production and engineering functions.
- Assist QA with the dispositioning of non-conforming hardware/ material(s) and support corrective action activities as required
- Analyze and produce specifications, engineering drawings, bills of material, electronic schematics and help improve manufacturing flow and process.
- Apply “Just In Time” and “Lean Manufacturing” methodology into any Production line.
- Interface with the Engineering staff to ensure Design for Manufacturing objectives are attained through concurrent engineering activities.
- Prepare producibility analyses per Government formats and present at design reviews.
- Provide technical guidance and liaison between Engineering and Manufacturing Operations to ensure that all new and existing designs meet good manufacturing practices.
- Provide support to various suppliers as needed in conjunction with QA.
- Ensure hardware producibility, develop build strategies, plan and request manpower/equipment/process, and generate assembly documentation.
- Play a key role in the transitioning of engineering prototypes to full scale Production.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field required.
- 3 years of experience in the manufacturing of electromechanical assemblies for high reliability military and government Avionic systems
- Knowledge of MIL/IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic assemblies (IPC-610, MIL-STD 883, MIL-STD 810, MIL-HDBK-217, etc)
- Solid understanding of design data and manufacturing/assembly sequencing as well as tooling concepts and strategies.
- Strong multitasking skills to apply in a fast pace, dynamic and flexible small business environment and strong verbal/written communication skills including the ability to deliver effective presentations to peers, management, and customers.
- U.S. citizen/green card holder required.